Monday, March 16, 2015

Disney elf ELSA beauty book haul and swatches whole collection


                           
 
 
This is the latest disney collection to hit walgreens shelves. It is none other than the mega hit Frozen. So through elf cosmetices they have come out with an Elsa theme collection that is now  available at Walgreens, prices range from $3 to $13.
 
I had been checking out all the stores around me and now I finally found the collection. I got most of the collection besides a face palette. 
 
 

                                  
 
The first item I purchased was this eyeliner/eyeshadow in the shade"Let it go" ($4.99). This cream shade is so beautiful! It has a duo chrome going on. The base color is like a champagne shade then then it also had an irridesscent pink hue to it too. I used it as a shadow base and it worked perfectly. I don't know if it is dark enough to be an eyeliner becasue its a champagne color. But as a shadow base or cream shadow it looks gorgeous!
 
 

$4.99
                               

                                   

                                 

Now I don't usually pick up the glosses of the collections but I had to with this one. Th shades are just so pretty and shiny. One is a white glimmer clear one and the other is a light glossy peach shade.
This are highly scented with some kind of fruit scent. If you apply too much they can feel pretty thick and sort of sticky. But if you do one swipe they give a glossy sheen to the lips. ($2.99)



"Pink Kiss"
                                    

"Angel"
                                  

                               
This next item I couldn't grab fast enough. From the other videos I watched on this product, people said how pigmented it was. And the graphics on the palette are so pretty and cute!
This palette contains nine shadows ranging in colors. From the photo below are the swatches without any primer.
As for the color selection I'am impressed. The second color from the bottom is so pigmented!
As for the lilac purple it wasn't pigmented enough for me. I put it on my lid and I had to keep packing it on but the color isn't buildable. Other than that the rest of the colors are pigmented and smooth.
This palette retails for $6.99. I would say pick this one up because I see it selling out fast.
 
 
 
 


                                 

                                 
Now on to the main product of the collection. The Elsa snow and ice beauty book.($12.99)
The graphics on this book are so beautiful and well thought out. It is alittle thicker than the other beauty books because it comes with a flat top eyeshadow brush.
Upon opening the book you see just how good this palette is. I couldn't hold in my excitement when I saw this at the store. It holds eight theme named eyeshadows like "Olaf".
 
                                         



                                       
                                         
 
Here are swatches of the shadows with primer underneath. I like all the colors for the most part but once again the purple color in "Elsa" isn't pigmented. To get Elsa's eye look you need to be able to have a intense purple color. So I would have to grab a purple shadow from another palette to achieve her look. Other than that I love the palette.
 
 
                                  


The lipgloss in this set is called "Royal Pursuit".
It is a true hot pink. So pigmented as well. You might blind someone when you wear this one.
It also has a very creamy formula. I wish they would have put in a nuetral toned mauve color in it's place.








                            
Now this highlighter is something I could see my self wearing every day! It doesn't feel like a drugstore product at all. This is such a huge highlighter in the palette as well. It is the prettist true champagne highlighter I've seen!
 
 
 
Three things to know about this collection.
 
  1. It is limited editon and sells out extremely quickly at walgreens so if you want it then be sure to check frequently.
  2. The purple shades are not nearly as pigmented as the other shades. So if your hoping to create an elsa look it might not be something that can do that.
  3. The prices on all the products have gone up. The beauty books use to be $10 and now with this collection their $13. As well as the eyeshadew palette that use to be $5 and are now $7. So the prices have gone up about $2 a product.
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. This is sooooo cute.. I love frozen ;) great post !!

    Wonderlandstaves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete