Monday, March 23, 2015

Laura Geller For The LOVE Of Baked review and swatches of the set online exclusive


        
 
 

Here is an online laura geller set for sale at Ulta.com. The retail of it is $39. Which is really great because the balance and brighten foundation is $33 alone for for six more dollers you get five more products!
 

                                  
 
This was my first time ever trying out the laura geller balance and brighten baked foundation. This is the full size that comes in the kit and I bought the medium color.
So occassionally I watch QVC and when Laura geller is presenting I always hear her say how it corrects all the imperfections like a full coverage foundation would. So I was excited to potentially use this as my only foundation coverage and ditch the liquid foundation. But when I tried to just use this alone I could still see all my discoloration and didn't really notice a difference. So it couldn't be just a foundation for me. I felt like it had the coverage of a setting powder where it would help even stuff out but not be able to do heavy lifting.
Although if you have minimal imperfections then you could wear this alone.
But for me I use this as a light veil after my liquid foundation.
 
 
                
 
 
Now you know how sometimes when a brush is included in a kit it usually airs on the cheap side. But this one is amazing! It's such a soft feeling brush that I just love using it.
It blends the product so well and makes the application of the balance and brighten so easy.
 
 

                                  
 
Now on to the spackle primer. I really enjoy using this product. I do have to say it is a tacky feeling but its the good kind that clings to the product and locks it down. Sometimes primers feel like silicone but this one has a light gel feel to it. 
Keeps the makeup on for a very long time and helps to conceal pores and creases.
                             
                             
 
This is the gelato blush in "Rose Water".
The blush has a swirled look to it and feels soft to the touch.
I like the color it gives and depending on the color of your skin you might have to build up the color. With one swipe it is visible on my skin but I like it to be a little more visible so I usually layer and built it up.
                              
Next item is the eyshadow duo in pink icing/devil's food cake.
I think this is a great eyeshadow duo because it has two wearble shades. One is a light white color that could be used for the highlighter or lid color. The devil's food cake brown color has flecks of red bronze swirls in it so it makes the color extra dimensional.
 
                              
                                 
Last thing to finish of your look is a lip color. And the color that came in the kit was "Purple Current". It is a moisturizing lip crayon love me dew stick. I can tell you it smells so good like a vanilla cake freshly baked.
The color is on the sheer side but you will get a great purple tint from it.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment