Saturday, January 25, 2014

Covergirl True Magic

 Is this really a dupe for one of the other high end clear gel products that claim to reduce oils on your face?
Well the concept says that instead of adding more powder to an oily face, just apply this over your makeup and it will give you a flawless matte finish. Great concept if it actually worked that way.
I wouldn't totally discount this product though. I'll use it up but I use it a different way. I use the tiniest amount as a primer under my makeup. With that method it helps my makeup glide on and holds up pretty well.
As you can see the first day I tried to put it over my makeup but it actually took off some of my makeup with it. Which is never good especially when I was only half way through my day.
If your still interested in using this as a primer its pretty good. Blurred my pores and made my foundation look flawless. The gel looks white in the container but it comes off clear. Besides the chunky packaging and no mirror I would rate this product a 3 out of 5. I won't be repurchasing it but I shall use it up.



1 comment:

  1. Great review! I never tried it over makeup because of the oily texture. It's an ok primer but slides off during the day. I prefer Miracle Blur or Baby Skin!

    ReplyDelete