Thursday, October 23, 2014

E.L.F Snow White The fairest of them all Beauty book

 
 
This beauty book is sold at Walgreens. This makeup kit contains 7 eyeshadows,one eyeshadow priner,eyeliner,2 brushes,peach blush and red lip color. With all of that I was so surprised to see it was only $10! If you're like me your looking at all of the upcoming holiday makeup palette you know what most are $50 and up. So getting this paltte gave me the fix I needed at a cheap price. This was the last one at my walgreens so you might want to head out and pick it up because it is limited edition.

If you ask me for the over all quality of the paltte is a 6 out of 10. It's good enough for me to reccomend it to you if your wanting to try out. The shadows are more powdery then the regular elf shadows I've tried to the point where you need to pat the eyeshadow on your lid to get the best color pay off.
 
These are the first three colors swatched for you.
  1. "I'm wishing" is a bright white pigmented stark white shadow. No glitter comes through when applied. So perfect for the highlight.
  2. "Diamond Mine"  is a yellow gold and on the side of a metallic formula which is nice but it can easily be buffed out to were you can't see the color anymore
  3. "Heigh-ho" is a rose gold muted color that is the leaset pigmented out of the bunch
The next four shadows are quite colorful.
  1. "Yodel" Is a silver gunmetal metallic with pretty good pigmentation
  2. "One song" Is a chocolate brown with small gold glitters
  3. "Enchanted forest" Is a true forest green color
  4. "My Prince" looks more pigmented in the pan almost like a dark blue purple but when applied it is actually a light lavender color
The next portion of the kit comes with a eyeshadow primer,eyeliner and eyeshadow brush. I have to tell you I'am in love with the eye primer but the eyeliner and the eyeshadow applicator arnt my favorite. I just don't use the wooden eyeliners because they usually hurt on the water liner and I have so much more that I already use.
The last parts of the beauty book is the "Keep Singing" peachy blush. I swatched it on my hand and it is just to powdery and light for me to wear.
The Lip color is out of this world though! I've never given Elf's lip colors a try so I didn't know what to expect but The pigmentation and long lasting quality of the lip color is immaculant. The lip color is in brett and when I run out of this I will definetly be going back to the store to but this color. It is defietly something Snow White would wear and I think they got the color dead on. It is shiny and opaque and not patchy at all.
 Elf did a great job of putting together a kit that really reflects something that Snow white would rock.
 
 
 
 
 Once upon a time... The fairest one of them all was you. And you lived happily ever after...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment