Monday, March 24, 2014

Ulta Ready for the Party Box


 
I love when companies come out with kits that house deluxe to full size products of high end makeup. Considering that high end makeup can add up really quickly I liked that this whole kit was only nineteen dollars. It was originally thirty dollars but Ulta was having a special price reduction on this.
This pink box kit comes with six beauty products from different varied companies and even some that I've never tried before.
 

 
One of the products I've never tried before was the Lorac behind the scenes eye primer. It's a sample size but since it's a eye primer I didn't have to use that much to cover the lids. It is a transparent primer meaning that it won't effect the color of your eyeshadow colors but just make them more vibrant. I've been using it for a week and I don't have any problems using it.
 
I love trying out eyeshadow and since I've never tried any Napoleon eye shadows before I was elated. This eye shadow pigment retails for nineteen dollars so for that price I got to try out a whole box.
The color is Pink Champagne and from the swatch above it looks like a warm toned Golden pink. I love how neutral the color is because it works so well with so much of my other eye shadows.
It is a pigment but it feels as buttery as a regular eyeshadow with no fall out.
 
One of the reason why I was attracted to this box so much was because of this included bronzer. Its Pur minerals deluxe size bronzer called mineral glow. I was thinking this was going to be a good contour bronzer but its actually an all over glow powder.
When using it as an all over face glow I noticed it dramatically changed my skin tone to multiple shades darker so when using it be careful to apply it sparingly.
The color of the mineral glow is a dark gold color with shimmer so if you don't like shimmer this might not be for you because it does show up shimmery on the skin.
 
 
 When I saw they included a full size lip gloss in the kit I immediately wanted it even more. It is Laura Geller's lip gloss in city lights.
The color is so interesting because the base of the lip gloss is clear but then the glitters are gold and silver. There is also so much glitter in this product that I can feel the grittiness of it when I rub my lips together. I've used it a few times but after that I never reached for it again. I think it is because I usually wear nude lipsticks and want to pair it with another nude gloss.
 Sometimes what happens with clear glosses is I don't like using them because the tip of the applicator gets so dirty from putting it over lipsticks,so I just end up not wearing them.
It retails for sixteen dollars.




Another product in this kit was the tarte lights camera lashes. This was the only product I had already tried out. It's a decent mascara but nothing that I would go out and buy the full size for.
 
The last thing in the box was Butter London's nail lacquer in Rosie lee. It has the prettiest red glitter in it that completely covers all the nail in glitter. It wont give a sparse application of glitter but a thick coat of glitter. The staying power is so great it stayed on my nails without chipping off.
 
 
I'm so pleased this this compilation of beauty products in the box. I got to try $95 dollars worth of stuff for only $19 dollars!











No comments:

Post a Comment