Monday, February 10, 2014

My first experience with makeup started Way before I could even wear it

    


google image
      I remember when I was really little I had this barbie that came with some makeup I could apply to the doll and it would easily wipe off. Well it just so happened that day I was getting babysat by my grandma who in my mind seemed like a good person to try my makeup skills on. She gave the okay for me to apply some of the barbie makeup on her. I reassured her her once again that it always wipes right off my doll so of course it would come off her. So as she settled into a nap I began on her make over. I took the blue cream and began to layer it on her eyelids and proceeded  till I thought it was bright enough. Once I had covered all my grandmas eyelids even way up to her brow bones I had an idea to also do her cheeks. I grabbed some more and slathered it onto her cheeks not really worrying about making both sides symmetrical. Just to top it all off my eyes knew that no look would be complete without doing the lips. So I gave her lips just the same blue color as her whole entire look.
    When done I stood back to see my work which I thought was a good job. A complete masterpiece in my book.
     Although when my grama woke up she asked for a mirror and her eyes were so shocked. Apparently she wasn't impressed as I was so I ran to the bathroom and grabbed a wet washcloth. I tried to rub it off her face but it seemed like it turned into a stain. I was floored why would it come off my barbie but not my grandmother?
     Even when she tried scrubbing her face it was to no avail. The blue makeup had stained her skin and that night she called up my dad embarrassed. Embarrassed that she had to go grocery shopping with completely stained blue makeup. While there she saw her Ex and was horrified as he kept looking at her face and asking if she was okay. He probably thought she was going crazy because of her clown like makeup.
     Even days after my failed makeover on my grandmother she had to go to work and face people who kept giving her weird looks the whole week the blue makeup lasted on her.
google image
     I've always wondered what was that barbie makeup made of? I know now it was just meant to be used on a plastic doll and I'm very thankful that my makeup knowledge have progressed past that.
    
At one point I was even into putting on so much mascara I achieved the dreaded spider lashes but now I know that was horrible. Thats the good thing about makeup even when you do a makeup mistake you can wash it off and start again. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment