Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Wet n Wild Fergie Shimmer Primer and Dessert festival

 
Both items come from the drugstore brand Wet n Wild and are apart of their Fergie collection. The Primer in (a little party) is a limited edition sparkly primer and the other one is a permanent Fergie 5 shadow palette. Both average around $5 dollars depending on where you go.
 
 
I've heard alot of hype around the Fergie collection and seeing I needed a new eyeshadow primer I thought I would try it out. I noticed when it came out of the tube it looked like a thick consistency. I spread it out on my hand it it spread evenly but left a tacky feeling on touching it. When it was spread out it showed up as a iridescent silver wash of color. The sheen was quite intense but when I applied shadows over it I didn't notice any of the shimmer from the primer show through. I was really hoping it would make my shadows just alittle bit shimmery but nothing. Besides the color I would say since it is a tacky finish so it clung well to my shadows and stayed on all day without creasing.



 
 
 
The dessert festival palette was something I always wanted to try every time I walked past it in the drugstores but was weary on the color payoff. So what better way to try it then when I picked up the primer to try out as a pair and see if it helped out the shadow any.
The palette has five colors in it which the first one doesn't even show up on my skin but the other four do. The colors consist of warm orange colors and cool browns and black.
I had high hopes on the colors especially the orange colors but with all the chalkiness the color faded throughout the day. I thought it was going to be more intense like it showed in the pan.


Shadows with the Fergie Primer

 Shadows without any primer





3 comments:

  1. I am embarrassed how excited I got thinking this was a post about a dessert festival you went to LOL! I am glad I got to read about the primer, even if there was no yummy cupcake and pie photos ha ha!

    Brittnee
    http://beautyproductaday.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh sorry to dissapoint;)
    Thanks for stopping by!:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I have that eyeshadow palette too, and I agree with you. I like the colors, but they do take a lot of work. I will check out that cream shadow, though.
    xoxo Lauren
    www.willsingformakeup.com

    ReplyDelete