Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Drugstore Nude Lipstick FACE OFF

Left to right: power couple,nude from f21,Kate 113,nude delight,nourishing nude,beige for good, peach kiss,Carmel apple,in the nude,Terra crave

Here we are again.I've done a mascara face off counting down and reviewing all the mascaras I have and now I'll review all the nude drugstore lipsticks I have.
 
I'll start with the ones I'm not so fond of
 
 1)First one is from Victoria secret in Power couple and
it's on the mauve side of nude. It comes with a matching lip gloss on the bottom. Color is not very opaque but it is very moisturizing.
I'm not sure if it's discontinued or not?
 


          2)Rimmel Kate moss 113 super pale lipstick. Could quite possibly be the lightest  nude lipstick I have. Like the color of a very light concealer. Not very pigmented,very sheer. I have to wear to wear a gloss over this just so I wont look scary >.<    Retail $5

         3) Baby lips in peach kiss is just an okay lip balm. When I wear a nude I want a nude that is so pigmented that I don't have to put a gloss on the top if I don't want. This balm wasn't that just a sheer non moisturizing product.  retails for $3.99


             4)NYC glossy lip balm in candy apple has a funky fake smell to it so every time I applied it I would just wipe it back off. It is a weird color as well. retail $3.51
             
               5)Elf gloss(in the nude) is also just another sheer balm that is blotchy and way to light. retail $2

          6)Jordana terra crave is a brown spice color. Its has a decent color staying power but I just don't the brownness of the color. retail $2.99




Power couple,F21 nude,rimmel 113,nude delight

Loreal nourishing nude,maybelline beige for good,peach kiss,Carmel apple,elf in the nude,terra crave







Now onto the four best nudes I have

           Fourth place is Maybellines 14 hour lipstick in beige for good. Its a cool toned matte finish lipstick which I like because my other ones are all warm toned. I love pairing it with bold eyeshadow looks because it doesn't take any attention away from the look just enhances the overall look. As for the 14 hour wear I don't know but I can say it does stay for a very long time even while I have my multiple morning cups of coffee. retail $6


          Third place is the loreal color riche balm in nourishing nude.
I wear this on day where I don't want to hassle with having to put on a lipstick and lip gloss. It gives such a beautiful glossy sheen to the lips and ever so moisturizing. The balm is my most used nude lipstick so I will most defiantly be picking up another one. retail $6


         Second is my beloved nude opaque peach color from          Forever 21.It is their matte finish nude color for $3.80.It's the most beautifulest peach lipstick ever. Its a warm toned matte lipstick and one swipe is all I need. Not only is it pigmented but for less then four dollars the quality is outstanding!

            First place is Rimmel's moisture renew lipstick in Nude Delight. Eversince I picked this baby up I haven't stopped using it. Talk about a color that works with every look. With the added moisture to the lipstick I usually wear it without a gloss and it looks perfect. I can't stop raving about it. I'm half way through it but I already know that it's going to be my staple nude lipstick that I'll keep coming back to. 





2 comments:

  1. I love these nudes! The only one I have is the Rimmel, so I guess I made a good choice seeing as it's your number 1 pick! The Moisture Renew formula is very good. Thanks for sharing! I'm enjoying reading your blog! xoxo Lauren
    www.willsingformakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for stopping by.
    I'll be sure to check out your blog

    ReplyDelete