Thursday, February 27, 2014

Sephora's Glitter liners

 So I recently went to Sephora to see that they had a set of five mini liners for only $10. Orginally for the holiday they were $16 so it was a good sale.
Even though these are mini sizes I think they'll last quite awhile since I don't always wear glitter liners.
The first liner is called Glittering Emerald. It's such a beautiful bright teal color. Out of all I would say this one has the most glitter payoff. A lot of the glitter comes off in one swipe. The uniqueness of this color is so intriguing,I don't see a lot of duo chrome glitter liners. The glitters reflect blue and green. Perfect liner to add a pop of color to a natural eyeshadow look.


Next is the tinted black liner in Bewitched Black. It's this lightly colored black liner with silver glitter in it. When swatched it look like a very light application of black liner and silver reflects in it. I wouldn't say the black is pigmented enough to wear alone but maybe over a deeper colored black I could see it looking better.


Then we have Midnight Navy that I really wanted to have it workout for me. It is this mix of purple and navy glitters. It looks so amazing in the tube but when I applied it I didn't get really any pigmentation. Just a watered down navy color. This is definitely the sheerest of them all.


On to VIP Gold. Its exactly what u would expect a gold liner to be. This one has a clear base and just the gold glitter in it. It you want an intense line with this you have to repeatably apply and reapply but it is build able.
 
Like the gold one Sassy Silver has a sheer base and just silver glitter in it. I wore it yesterday with a smoky silver eye and it just made the look ten times better. It held up all day with no fall out what so ever. Held exactly where I had placed it in the morning.
 
From playing around with these realized these are not dupes for Urban decays intensely pigmented liner but instead I see these as accent liners meaning just to place on top of another or to put in the inner corner of the eyes.
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment